What are the most significant judicial decisions, regulatory changes, and government actions affecting the financial services industry, and how might they impact your business? The following overview provides summaries of our most recent posts, which include case summaries, key takeaways, and practical insights.
- Troutman Pepper Counsels Burke & Herbert Financial Services Corp. in Merger with Summit Financial Group, Inc.
- Federal Agencies Request Comment on Proposed Rule Requiring Large Banks to Maintain Long-Term Debt
- Coinbase Approved to Operate a Futures Commission Merchant
- Impending FCRA Data Broker Rulemaking Announced by CFPB Director Chopra at White House Data Broker Roundtable
- Unpacking the Largest Bank Deal in ’23, Private Equity Involvement in Bankland
- Banc of California, PacWest Tie-Up Likely to Receive Warm Regulatory Welcome
- FFIEC Updates Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Examination Manual
- Acting Comptroller of the Currency Michael J. Hsu Issues Statements Supporting Insured Depository Institution Plan Rule at FDIC Event
- California DFPI Requires Annual Reporting and Expands UDAAP to Commercial Financing
- OCC Issues Guidance on Applicability of Legal Lending Limit to Purchased Loans
- The Uses and Risks of AI in BSA/AML Compliance: Navigating the Future of Financial Crime Prevention
- Fed Provides Details of Novel Banking Activities and Cryptocurrency Supervisory Program
- Kirschner Update: 2nd Circuit Affirms District Court Opinion That Leveraged Loans Are Not Securities
- SEC Requests Leave to Appeal in Ripple Labs