Troutman Pepper Partner Sheri Adler recently joined Meredith Ervine on The Pay & Proxy Podcast from Compensation Standards, to discuss equity award delegations in Delaware. The podcast can be accessed here. Topics discussed include:
- The differing requirements for option/RSU and restricted stock award delegations in Delaware before the 2022 amendments to the Delaware General Corporation Law (DGCL);
- The changes introduced to the DGCL in August 2022;
- How the subsequent 2023 amendments addressed issues of interpretation;
- Areas that remain unclear;
- Best practices for equity award delegations, documentation, and recordkeeping; and
- Avoiding the constraints of Sections 152 or 157 by delegating to a single-member board committee.
Troutman Pepper Attorneys Sheri Adler, Taylor Bartholomew, James Earle, Robert Friedel, David Kaplan, and Matthew Greenberg recently authored an advisory on equity award delegations, following the 2023 DGCL amendments, available here.